Twitter Updates - My mini-blog....

    follow me on Twitter

    How is our 'pale blue dot' feeling today? Watch the thin blue line....

    Sunday, 25 January 2009

    Someone to talk to

    It's the hardest thing about being alone,
    About being far away from home...
    I am tired of myself,
    'Helpful' people - do not help.
    I am lost myself within the realms of possibility,
    There's no one to inhale that saccharine scent with me,
    Even that sweet taste of victory,
    Now, to my tongue feels largely empty.

    I need someone to talk to,
    Someone to hold,
    Someone to stop me shivering,
    When it gets cold.

    The novelty of a new land,
    Just seems all the more bland.
    Although this is compounding contraction,
    It definitely isn't fiction.
    As I write this rhyme, 
    And those first lines
    Predictable responses I can only mime
    It makes me ravenously hungry
    To just find the elixir to painless misery
    To see what I have already seen.
    I don't need a shoulder to cry on, this is not an outpouring of sorrow,
    But I just want someone to find and read this tomorrow.

    I need someone to talk to,
    Someone to hold,
    Someone to stop me shivering,
    When it gets cold.

    While I jostle with my bed,
    Titles joust in my head.
    You're with me all the time,
    The entity I'm trying to describe...
    What do I call you?
    Thought transcends the power of the scribe

    Friendship, love, nostalgia . . . . life?
    They're inadequate words trying to relate to thee,
    But if I was emancipated into what I wanted,
    Then their catenation is all you would be.

    But I shan't attempt to quantify you now,
    The oak of rationale shall loathingly bow,
    All I want to say before it becomes half-past two
    Is that...

    I want someone to talk to,
    Someone to hold,
    Someone to stop me shivering,
    Whenever it is cold.

    --17th January, 2009
    0436 hrs. IST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment