Someday (Parody)
[23/2/2010 0119 IST]
[verse 1]
[part 1]
Why the hell do we wind up like this?
And why don’t we ever,
Work before the deadline’s nearly missed?
And Throw something shoddy on their tables. [REFER MY 1st COMMENT BELOW]
[part 2]
It’s not girls but books that we kiss,
1 am but in the lab there’s no place.
There hasn’t been time for even a p#ss
Though we down Red Bull by the crate.
[chorus]
It’s all wrong, it takes too long,
We just pray that
Someday we will,
Someday, somehow,
Write that report
But not right now
Just stop asking us when.
Someday, somehow,
Write that report
But not right now
Just stop asking us when.
Ooooh..
[verse 2]
[part 1]
Where d’you think we might’ve lost our way?
Was it FB, YT and the internet crawling?
24 hours is too short a day,
Forced to choose either work or living,
[part 2]
I know that I signed on for this,
But this wasn’t what they promised.
I should just work and write my concluding bits,
Instead of this lyrical horror
[chorus]
It’s all wrong, it takes too long,
We just pray that
Someday we will,
Someday, somehow,
Write that report
But not right now
Just stop asking us when.
(Even God doesn’t believe that)
Someday, somehow,
Write that report
But not right now
Just stop asking us when.
(Even God doesn’t believe that)
[Verse 1 – Part 1]
Why the hell do we wind up like this?
And why don’t we ever,
Work before the deadline’s nearly missed?
And Throw something shoddy on their tables.
[Verse 2 – Part 2]
I know that I signed on for this,
But this wasn’t what they promised.
I should just work and write my concluding bits,
Instead of this lyrical horror
It’s all wrong, it takes too long,
We just pray that
Someday we will,
Someday, somehow,
Write that report
But not right now
Just stop asking us when.
(Even God doesn’t believe that)
Someday, somehow,
Write that report
But not right now
Just stop asking us when.
(Even God doesn’t believe that)
Just stop asking us when.
(Even God doesn’t believe that)
Just stop asking us when.
(--Based on “Someday”- Nickelback. Original Song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VMFdpdDYYA)
This next bit summarises it on a positive note though. And it comes from ---brace yourself---METALLICA!! Who’d have thought that absolutely amazing metal may also be positively interpreted? Guess I owe Engineering something for helping me realise that after all. (Btw, no Wonder Nickelback are themselves a fan of Metallica)
“The Day That Never Comes”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcB6SgkG4AE
“[…]
Waiting for the one,
The Day that never comes,
When you stand up and feel the warmth,
But the sunshine never comes
No the sunshine never comes.
[…]
Pushed across that line,
Just stay down this time,
Hide in yourself,
Crawl in yourself
You’ll have your time
God I’ll make them pay,
Take it back one day
I’ll end this day
I’ll splatter colour on this gray.
Waiting for the one,
The Day that never comes,
When you stand up and feel the warmth,
But the sunshine never comes
No the sunshine never comes.
Love is a 4 letter word,
And never spoken here,
Love is a 4 letter word,
Here in this prison.
I’ll suffer this no longer,
I’ll put an end to
This I swear, this I swear
The sun will shine!
This I swear, This I swear!
THIS I SWEAR”
\METALLICA/
I'm a perfectionist - so the "And Throw something shoddy on their tables" is a rant against the onus that the system places on getting the right answers.
ReplyDeleteIt's horrible enough that they don't recognise the effort that students put in to figure out WHY something works, and the various ideas and ways in which we comprehend the same thing; but even worse that the workload is planned and set without factoring in the time that we might want to spend on understanding where those equations and graphs-of-characteristic-behaviour come from.